Celebrate ‘Murica with the new GTA Online Independence Day Special
America is all about the three M’s… mullets, muskets and monster trucks. Too bad there isn’t a video game that has all three of those things. But wait, now there is! You’ll be able to celebrate all of those things, and a whole lot more in the new Independence Day update for GTA Online. Read on for the details.
The news came earlier today over on the official Rockstar Newswire. The Independence Day Special, as it is called, is a free update which includes a multitude of America – themed goodies.
For vehicles, there’s the new Liberator monster truck, and the Sovereign motorcycle, both painted in the most patriotic of colors. New weapons include an old fashioned musket, and a rocket launcher that fires fireworks because why not? Seven new properties have been unlocked, all with more than enough room to set off your own customizable fireworks show. Yes, GTA Online now has fireworks. 12 different varieties in all. You’ll even be able to ride the Ferris Whale and Leviathan roller coaster on Pleasure Pier. The update also comes with over 40 new patriotic clothing and hair style options, including America’s favorite hair style: the mullet.
All of the above items will be available for purchase in the team through mid-July, and will remain in your inventory after the Independence Day Special has expired. The new properties for sale, and the ability to access the rides on Pleasure Pier are permanent additions to the game. In addition to all that American awesomeness, the update also implements a number of fixes and tweaks. Check out the full list below.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player’s car to disappear if they left it at the start of a GTA Race.
- Fixed an issue where the Armored Truck would occasionally not drop any Cash.
- Fixed an issue where Crew tire smoke would not apply correctly.
- Help text is now displayed in the corona if a player attempts to play an animation which cannot be played due to masks / head gear the player is wearing.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck entering their garage if they had requested a vehicle from their Mechanic while another player was in their garage.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for player characters to spawn in Fort Zancudo.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for planes to respawn with their landing gear down in vehicle Deathmatches.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn with a 4-star Wanted Level if they were killed by Cops in the Impound.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to become stuck moving to the Leaderboard after completing an Air Race.
- Fixed an issue where split times would occasionally work incorrectly during the tutorial Race.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect scores could show briefly at the start of a Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn inside of, and stand in, vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where a player could receive a misleading Alert screen when attempting to access GTA Online when the Cloud was down.
- Fixed an issue where players attempting to join a Contact Mission would become stuck when too many players were invited.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to fall through the world if they entered the PlayStation store whilst in their apartment.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become stuck in their apartments if a friend buzzed for entry and then entered the Pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck under the map when accepting a cross-session invite.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to steal High Priority Vehicles from one another after upgrading it.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to enter their garages with NPCs in their vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to send text messages with Chinese characters using their cellphones.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to trap other players in their Personal Vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the radar could flash up on screen at the start of a Job.
- Fixed an issue where the Rank bar could occasionally show up very briefly during transitions.
- Fixed an exploit where players could spawn UFOs in public sessions.
- Fixed various exploits where players were able to duplicate vehicles.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to respawn in their garages after committing suicide.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get all Barber services for free.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to go off-radar.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to become invincible.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to drive inside their garages.