Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm playable at Gamescom
Blizzard fans take note – both Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will be playable at the upcoming gamescom. The Mists of Pandaria hands-on demo will be showcasing the game’s newest selectable class: the monk and players will have a chance to see the starting zone for the Pandaren race.
Multiplayer is the focus of the Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm demo, and players who visit the Blizzard booth will have the chance to try out all new units in the multiplayer mode of the expansion.
That’s not the only thing that visitors to Blizzard’s booth will have to look forward to, however. The world premiere of Mists of Pandaria’s opening cinematic will be shown on Thursday, August 16 on big screens at the booth. In addition, lucky visitors also have the chance to:
- Meet with Blizzard developers at signing sessions
- Watch pro gamers verse eachother in StarCraft II showmatches
- Experience live World of Warcraft raids
- Have an auditory eargasm listening to a live orchestra perform music from Blizzard games
- Check out costume and dance competitions
- Win prizes via sponsored competitions
Sounds like it’s all happening at the Blizzard booth. Gamescom begins August 15.