Ada Wong confirmed as playable character in Resident Evil 6
Yep – you heard right – Capcom has confirmed that Ada wong will be a playable character with her own unique individual campaign in Resident Evil 6. I’ll admit – hearing this news pretty much made my day. Playable Chris and Ada in the same game? All my dreams come true.
Ada’s campaign will of course be a single player experience, featuring unique missions and will explore her take on the bioterrorist outbreaks threatening the world. Ada’s campaign will be unlocked once the other three campaigns – those of Chris, Leon and Jake – have been completed.
Also announced by Capcom was the new Agent Hunt mode – an online experience which lets players step into the shambling shoes (or more accurately, the decomposing feet) of a zombie, J’avo or other C-virus mutation. As one of these characters, players (or ‘hunters’ as they are called) will be able to infiltrate other players’ sessions with the objective of eliminating all human characters. As a hunter, all the special moves and attacks of the various C-virus mutation characters will be available to the player to assist their efforts of crushing human foes.
Curious to know more about Agent Hunt mode? Capcom have kindly provided the following information regarding how Agent Hunt mode will work:
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session
Please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
Resident Evil 6 launches October 4th on PS3 and Xbox360. A PC version will follow later in the year.