Dead Rising 3 gets huge patch on eve of DLC launch
Nothing screams “DLC RELEASE IMMINENT” like a massive, bandwidth chewing patch. That’s exactly what’s happening with Dead Rising, with a huge mandatory update washing up on the shores of Xbox Live like the carcass of a dead whale. Sorry about the morose imagery. Zombie games always do this to me. Anyway, about that update. It’s big, and fixes lots of broken stuff. Read on for the details.
Josh Bridge, Executive Producer of Dead Rising 3, sat down with Xbox Wire earlier today to talk about the patch, and the game’s upcoming DLC, which launches tomorrow. First, he shared some rather bewildering numbers. So far, players have killed more than 16 billion zombies while playing Dead Rising 3. That’s billion with a B. They’ve also logged over 14 million hours of gameplay. Not too shabby for a game that was only released two months ago. Tomorrow’s DLC, entitled Operation Broken Eagle, will be the first of four single player, story driven episodes in the “Untold Stories of Los Perdidos” series. Wasn’t that the name of a Beck album? Broken Eagle tells the story of a military expedition sent into Los Perdidos before the main story, and offers a different look at how events unfolded.
In preparation for Operation Broken Eagle, Capcom Vancouver has released a huge patch for the game. And I do mean huge. Weighing in at a hefty 13gb, it makes the 2gb size limit on the Xbox 360 seem quaint in comparison. To make sure they addressed as many issues as possible, Bridge and his team poured over fan feedback, looking for common problems. Or as Bridge put it, they want to make sure nothing was “getting in the way” of players having fun. You’ll find the full list of fixes below.
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various Stability Fixes.
- Various Performance Improvements.
- Online Stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music was not present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
- SmartGlass stability fix.
The patch is available now, and should download automatically if you have background updates activated. Operation Broken Eagle is released tomorrow, and will set you back $9.99 is you didn’t purchase the season pass.