The Forza 5 launch trailer is pretty. Really pretty.
Peanut butter and jelly. Kim and Kanye. Xbox and Forza. Some things are just meant to be together. With the Xbox One due to launch in just a few weeks, it’s appropriate that a new Forza game will be launching alongside it. The just released launch trailer is a feast for the eyes, and we’ve got it for you right here.
For a racing game trailer to be considered successful, it has to have a number of very specific ingredients.
- slow motion camera pans across the beautifully rendered cars.
- quotes exaulting the game’s beautifully rendered cars.
- closeup shots of at least three of the following: steering wheels, engines, tail lights, gas pedals, steering wheels, tailpipes.
- the sounds of revving engines, preferrably accompanied by a shot of a tachometer.
- a brief moment of silence before the trailer shifts car porn mode to racing mode.
- a behind-the-wheel shot of car wrecking
- a final shot featuring either impossible speed or an impossible stunt.
With those criteria in mind, check out the launch trailer for Forza Motorsport 5
A rousing success by all indications, wouldn’t you say? Forza Motorsports 5 launches alongside the Xbox One on November 22nd in North America, Australia, New Zealand, and most of Europe, Those Forza fans in Japan and a few European markets will have to wait until 2014.