Free Beach Bum Pack coming to GTA Online
Surf’s up, dudes! Kowabunga! That’s how beach bums talk, right? No? Sorry, folks. I live in the frozen north, There aren’t many beaches up here. Rockstar obviously has easy access to beaches, as they’re preparing some new DLC for GTA Online focusing on beach related activities. Read on, and check out all the details.
The news came earlier today on the official Rockstar Newswire. The Beach Bum update will include a couple of new weapons, four new vehicles, a whole range of new jobs, plus lots of new clothing and tattoo options. The new weapons include the SNS Pistol and… well, a broken beer bottle. Makes sense. The new vehicles include returning favorites such as the Speeder speedboat and dune buggy, along with the Canis Kalahari truck and Bravado Paradise camper. The vehicles and weapons will also be available in the single player campaign.
The new jobs will mostly be variations on current activities, but with a beach theme, including race, parachute, deathmatch, survival, and last team standing game types. Rockstar gave more details on some of the new jobs they have coming.
- “Grass Route II” (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- “Survival on Del Perro Pier” (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- “View of Vespucci” (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you’ve got skills, it’s possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- “Paleto Beach” (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake ’em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- “Sundae Driving” (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
The Beach Bum DLC will be added to the game automatically on Tuesday, November 19th when we’ll all get to download another glorious mandatory update. Hey, at least we’re getting something cool this time, right?