The Last of Us: Remastered is coming to PS4
The worst kept secret in recent gaming memory is a secret no more. The Last of Us, winner of about a gazillion game of the year awards last year, is headed to the PS4. But this won’t be just a prettied up port of the PS3 original. Naughty Dog is packing this new version full of extras. Read on for the details.
Is is safe to say that we all saw this coming? The Last of Us was an immense critical and commercial success for Sony, and most viewed the game’s move to the last Playstation console as an inevitability. There’s been rumblings on the internet about it for awhile now. Still, Naughty Dog remained cagey on the subject until earlier today, when the announcement on the official Playstation blog. Written by Naughty Dog Community Strategist Arne Meyer, the post covers just about everything you’d want to know about this next gen version of The Last of Us. Entitled The Last of Us: Remasted, it will come with a long list of enhancements, inculding 1080p resolution, upgraded textures, improved lighting and shadows, and higher resolution characters.
The Last of Us: Remastered also comes packed with some pretty cool extras. The game will include a commentary track for all cinematics, which will feature Creative Director and Writer Neil Druckmann, and the voice actors for Ellie and Joel, Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker. Additionally, it will also come with all the previously released DLC for The Last of Us, which includes the Abandoned Territories pack, the Reclaimed Territories pack, and the Left Behind single player expansion.
The Last of Us: Remastered is already available for pre-order on Amazon, Gamestop, and the Playstation Store. If you pre-order the disc from Amazon or Gamestop, you’ll receive the following single player upgrades:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Pre-ordering the digital version from the Playstation Store will get you even more free stuff, including:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
Don’t let the pre-order sites fool you. The Last of Us: Remastered isn’t being released on December 31st, 2014. As stated in the Playstation blog, the game is scheduled for a summer release. So it looks like I’ll have one more reason to stay inside and avoid all that disgusting warmth and sunlight.