Mass Effect 3’s composers officially announced
We’re unashamed Mass Effect fans here at Save Game, and one of the elements of the game we love is the soundtrack. So we were positively giddy when we heard that EA has officially announced the team of composers who will be responsible for Mass Effect 3’s soundtrack.
EA’s official announcement lists the line-up of new and returning composers as follows:
The soundtrack sets the captivating tone for hero Commander Shepard’s struggle to take Earth back from an alien race known as the Reapers.
Like previous Mass Effect games, a number of talented composers will play critical roles in the game’s musical development, with direction led by BioWare’s acclaimed audio team. The roster of composers for Mass Effect 3 includes:
- Clint Mansell, Golden Globe nominated Hollywood composer recognized for scoring celebrated films including Black Swan, The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream.
- Christopher Lennertz, Emmy nominated Hollywood composer known for his work on the recent movie Horrible Bosses, also composed Mass Effect 2: Overlord, Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker, and won the Interactive Academy Award for Medal of Honor.
- Cris Velasco, known for composing the God of War series’ score, has also worked on downloadable content Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.
- Sam Hulick, veteran to the Mass Effect series having composed the score for Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky and Mass Effect 2.
- Sascha Dikiciyan, video game industry veteran, known for composing the score for TRON: Evolution and the scores of Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.
And for a special sneak peak of what you can expect the soundtrack to sound like, click here.
Sounding pretty damn good there, right guys?