Maxis announces first expansion for The Sims 4
Have you ever had the thought that your Sims have a little too much free time on their hands? Well, very soon you’ll be able to put them to work in the first expansion for the Sims 4. Appropriately titled Get to Work, the update will add a number of new activities and enhancements to the game. Read on for all the details.
You many recall that The Sims 4 caused a fair amount of controversy when it was released back in September of last year. Some features, like swimming pools and toddlers, were omitted, while activities like shopping, schooling and work were being significantly altered. While some of the uproar has been quieted by the release of free patches, some fans are likely a bit wary of this first expansion. But by the looks of it, Get to Work might be worth a look. Here’s what the expansion will contain, in handy bulletpoint style.
- Be a Doctor: Your Sim can now spend their work day saving lives, treating patients, performing emergency surgery, and for the first time ever, delivering babies.
- Combat Crime: Investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, and arrest criminals while you work your way from Cadet all the way up to the Chief of Police.
- Experiment and Invent: Scientists spend their days building crazy inventions and collecting unique specimens for diabolical creations like the Sim Ray. Your Sim will have to decide whether they’ll use their inventions to help or torment their fellow Sims.
- Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers.
- New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.
- Learn New Skills: Check out a whole new set of skills that will allow your Sims to create even more unique objects. Sims can now capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Whatever your Sims make can be proudly displayed at home or sold to earn a few extra Simoleons.
- Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed and walk amongst us! Find out which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension.
Not sure how the aliens fit in with the rest of that, but… whatever. Maxis also released a trailer for the expansion, which you can check out below.
Get to Work will be released this April for PC, as well as the upcoming Mac version, and will retail for $39.99. Geelfrob!