Naughty Dog celebrates the 2nd anniversary of Uncharted 3 with a huge update
Hey, remember Uncharted 3? It was the hugely successful, critically lauded masterpiece Naughty Dog released before their current hugely successful, critically lauded masterpiece, The Last of Us. To celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the game, they’ve issued a huge multiplayer update that includes fixes, new content, and free maps. Read on for the details.
The good news came by way of the official Playstation blog. By far the biggest reveal was the announcement that all multiplayer maps for Uncharted 3 can now be downloaded for free. Not only will you be able to get every previously released map for nothing, you’ll also be able to get a brand new map for free as well. Entitled Dry Docks, the map began life years ago as part of the single player campaign of Uncharted 3. It was then transitioned to multiplayer, but ultimately cut from the final game. Now, two years later, it’s back as a free download.
To celebrate, Naughty Dog put together a trailer showing off all of the wild action that takes place within their multiplayer maps.
In addition to all of the free maps, Naughty Dog has released a new patch for the game which addresses a long list of fan requests and complaints. Check out the full list below.
- Old Quarter map has been added to Co-op arena mode.
- The drop rate for all co-op treasures has been increased.
- Old Quarter has been removed from the Hunter Arena playlist.
- Hipfire accuracy has been greatly reduced on all weapons, along with the angle and distance at which the auto lock engages. But Blindfire from cover has not been changed.
- Increased recoil on the M9.
- Decreased recoil on FAL-SS.
- Rate of Fire mod has been decreased on the M9, Arm Micro, and KAL-7.
- The recoil of the last round fired in a G-MAL burst has been significantly reduced.
- The burst delay and recoil have been reduced on the Raffica.
- The accuracy mod on the Raffica has been slightly improved.
- The recoil has been reduced on the Tau Sniper and the weapon does not automatically scope.
- The rate of fire mod has increased effectiveness for the Tau Sniper.
- Sprint maneuverability moderately reduced.
- Mega Bombs and Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back (competitive mode only).
- The Marked Man power play now occurs when a team is up 8 kills instead of 6.
- The Exposed power play occurs when a team is up 10 kills instead of 8, and the range that player names appear has been reduced from 40 meters to 20.
- The Double Damage power play now occurs when a team is up 15 kills instead of 10, and the damage the losing team does is only x1.5 instead of x2.
- Deathmatch has been removed from Team Objective.
- Increase score limit in three-team Deathmatch from 20 to 25.
- Increase score limit of free-for-all from 15 to 20.
- Multiple steps have been added during the matchmaking process to help find games with lower ping. Wait times to find matches during off peak hours may increase.
- The Medal Kickback Creepy Crawler now costs 12 medals and lasts for 25 seconds.
- Quick Boom now costs 12 medals and lasts for 12 seconds.
- Explosives now costs 5 medals.
- Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain, and Team Safe
- Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert, and Explosive Shell Expert.
- Bargain paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k.
- PING paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k.
New 3rd Buddy Boosters
- Cutter — Cutter KAL-7 — Jade Para 9 — Sugar Buddy
- Eddie — Eddie’s AK — Jade Para 9 — Booty Buddy
- Draza — Draza’s Dragon — jade Para 9 — Thanks Buddy
- Flynn — Flynn’s G-MAL — Jade Para 9 — Explosive Buddy
- Lazarevic — Lazarevic’s FAL-SS – Jade Para 9 — Stealth Buddy
- Gate added to London Underground tunnel to block off dead end.
- Plunders chests have been rebalanced on Syria and Museum.
Naughty Dog did point out that this patch will be their last major update for Uncharted 3. Barring a catastrophe, their days of developing new content for the game are done. So, yeah, it’s a little sad. But it’s also heartwarming to see a developer give such a wonderful parting gift to its fans.