New Sleeping Dogs DLC now available
It’s a good day to be a Sleeping Dogs fan with Square Enix announcing a veritable tidal wave of DLC is now available – from gameplay extending add-ons, custom character packs and martial arts missions.
Starting off the DLC offerings is the Dragon Master Pack – which offers players a selection of weapons, character upgrades, martial arts moves and missions which were previously only available individually at pre-order. The Dragon Master Pack actually includes five pre-order packs in one, each of which can also be purchased separately should the other four packs not do it for you. The included five packs are:
- Triad Enforcer Pack – includes the high speed shoot out Triad Highway; Death by 1000 Cuts which puts players in a fight club with a difference; and the Triad Enforcer outfit which provides bonuses to Face and punishing damage.
- Police Protection Pack – unlock the High Speed police mission which features the SWAT Outfit, SWAT Police Cruiser car and SWAT Assault Rifle.
- Martial Arts Pack – includes the Shaolin Showdown mission; the Shaolin Warrior Outfit (which increases melee damage, naturally); and the Wing Chun dummy decoration for your safehouse.
- GSP Pack – This collection of shorts, tshirts and bandana allows you to dress like Mixed Martial Arts champion Georges “Rush” St-Pierre. You can also smash your enemies with GSP’s signature flying punch, and there’s increased grappling and throwing damage to boot!
- Deep Undercover Pack – channel your inner undercover agent chic with this pack which includes the Plain Clothes Detective Outfit (featuring reduced heat penalty, of course); the Undercover Police Ghost car and the ever fashionable CB Radio for your safehouse.
The Drunken Fist Pack is next up, and it provides Wei with a new fighting style – while in combat filling the face meter gives Wei the ability to drink from a flask of potent alcohol – enabling him to perform special moves and powerful counters unavailable to the sober man! In addition to entering this special ‘Drunken Stance’ to perform unique moves and counters, players will also have at their disposal a new outfit.
The Square Enix Character Pack introduces three new outfits for Wei Shen to don, based on three well known characters from Squae Enix franchises. Each outfit includes its own buff and signature weapon:
- Hitman Outfit – suit up with Agent 47’s suit that offers reduced police attention and comes with a silenced silverballer. Very professional.
- Deus Ex Outfit – don this Sarif Industries armor which reduces gunfire damage by 33% and comes with a fully automatic, futuristic combat rifle. Use future tech to make your enemies a thing of the past, because, yes – you did ask for this.
- Just Cause Outfit – The Rico Rodriguez Outfit allows players to hijack vehicles from a greater distance and includes Rico’s signature pistol which is able to fire explosive shells.
Not to be confused with Gangnam Style (although that would be interesting) the Gangland Style Pack provides three new tattoo schemes for Wei Shen. On offer are the Japanese Yakuza, Russian Mafia and Maori Mongrel Mob tattoos, each featuring their own buff. The Yakuza style tattoo slows heart rate by 50%; the Russian Mafia style increases gun accuracy by 50%; and the Mongrel Mob Style increases melee damage by 40%.
Stepping away from costumes and weapons, the Zodiac Tournament Pack is the second gameplay extending add-on for Sleeping Dogs. Receiving an invitation to an exclusive tournament on a hidden island off the coast of Hong Kong, Wei faces off against the best of the best as he takes on fighters from across Asia in the fight to the death. The Zodiac Tournament features:
- an exclusive new island off the coast of Hong Kong, featuring multiple themed fight arenas, new enemies, bosses and story-ending cutscenes
- two new unlockable outfits featuring new looks and fighting moves
All packs are available to download via Xbox Live, Playstation Network and Steam. For more information on the DLC packs, check out the game’s Official Website.