August 12th, 2012 at 12:39 pm
EA have updated their notsteam Origin client to version 9.0. Most of the changes are cosmetic – like adding new title bars to windows and changing the mark as favourite button to a star icon (it’s hold on to your seat innovation I know) – however the new version does apparently fix issues gamers have been having with the FIFA 12 invite system.
The full list of patch notes is:
- Updated the look and feel of the My Games tab.
- Updated game tiles with high resolution box art.
- Added a slider allowing users to resize game tiles.
- Moved the Download, Install and Play buttons into game-specific mouseover windows.
- Changed the Mark as Favorite button to a star icon.
- Added new sorting options to the My Games tab.
- Added a refresh button to the My Games tab.
- Moved the Friends List into a standalone window.
- Added ability to hide the Friends List.
- Added button to the navigation bar that shows the Friends List if it’s hidden.
- Added new navigation options to the Origin system tray menu.
- Configured Order History page to display both web and client purchases.
- Added new title bars to a number of windows.
- Improved overall performance of the Origin client.
- Fixed an issue that was keeping some users from being able to patch properly.
- Fixed an issue that was blocking FIFA 12 invites from being sent for some users.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes