Rejoice, PS3 owners! Minecraft has come at last
Playstation fans, your shared nightmare is almost over. No longer will you have to nod and smile politely when your friends talk about Minecraft, while inside you’re screaming in agony. The pixelated world building sensation is finally coming to PS3 this week. In North America, at least. Read on for the details.
While we’ve known that PS3, PS4, and PSvita versions of Minecraft have been in development for some time, a firm release date had eluded us until now. Earlier today, a post went up on the official North American Playstation blog, detailing the release and answering some of the questions fans have been asking. Here’s a quick rundown of what was covered, bullet point style.
- Minecraft: PS3 Edition will release in North America on December 17th.
- It will contain all content present in the Xbox 360 version.
- Downloadable skins and texture packs will be available in the PSN Store soon after release.
- The game is available as a download only. There is no physical retail version planned.
- A free demo will be available in the PSN Store.
- There is no release date for PS4 or PSvita versions of the game.
- No Herobrine.
- Seriously, no Herobrine. Stop asking.
Oddly, a price for Minecreaft: PS3 Edition was not included in the blog post. Although it’s safe to assume that it will have the same $20 price tag as the Xbox 360 version. There were also no international release dates announced. But again, it’s probably a good bet that the game will be available worldwide in the very near future. PSN gift cards make great gifts after all (hint, hint) and Mojang undoubtedly wants as many as possible spent on Minecraft.