Rocksmith now available in Australia and NZ
For all you budding guitarists out there, and for those who’ve wanted to learn how to play guitar, Ubisoft have released a game which is just perfect for you. Rocksmith is an innovative way to learn how to play the guitar – which allows you to plug any real electric guitar or bass into your Xbox360 or PS3 console. That’s right – no fiddly plastic controllers here – Rocksmith lets you jam on real guitars.
The method of learning employed by Rocksmith adapts to the players ability, meaning players are able to progress at their own pace, and can even jam with a friend simultaneously in local multiplayer. The Aussie version of the game will include the original game already available in North America as well as extra content, including the bass guitar mode.
Players will be able to learn guitar whilst they play over 50 songs, with the following but a sample of the tracks included in Rocksmith:
- Blur – Song 2
- David Bowie – Rebel Rebel
- Eric Clapton – Run Back To Your Side
- Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
- Incubus – I Miss You
- Interpol – Slow Hands
- Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
- Muse – Unnatural Selection
- Nirvana – In Bloom
- Pixies – Where Is My Mind?
- Queens Of The Stone Age – Go With The Flow
- Radiohead – High And Dry
- The Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
- The White Stripes – Icky Thump
- Velvet Revolver – Slither
DLC will also be available at the game’s release, including the following packs:
- Gear Time Saver Pack: gives immediate access to all the standard effects pedals, amplifiers and cabinets included in Rocksmith
- Heavy Metal Gear Pack: new additional effects pedals, amplifiers and cabinets dedicated to metal songs
Stand alone songs:
- Radiohead – Bodysnatchers
- T. Rex – 20th Century Boy
- Megadeth – Symphony of Destruction
- Megadeth – Hangar 18
- Blink-182 – Dammit
- Blink-182 – What’s My Age Again?
- Blink-182 – All the Small Things
- 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
- B.B. King – The Thrill is Gone
- Foster the People – Pumped Up Kicks
- Pat Benetar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot
More DLC packs are planned, which will add more songs to the tracklist. So if you’re a budding guitarist looking for a unique way to learn, you might want to check out Rocksmith. For those of you wanting to see the game in action, check out the trailer below.