XCOM: Enemy Unknown Second Wave content now available
2K Games and Firaxis Games have announced that the latest content pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Second Wave – is now available for PS3, Xbox360 and PC.
The Second Wave content enables players to choose a variety of new gameplay modifiers to enhance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown experience after completing the main campaign. What makes this content even better is that it is available for free via a download title update to XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Second Wave offers a series of advanced gameplay options including:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomised council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The Second Wave content is the second of the two add-ons for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The first add-on content – the Slingshot Content Pack – is also available to download via Playstation Network ($10.65), Xbox Live (560 Microsoft Points) or Windows PC ($11.45).