Rockstar releases new patch for Grand Theft Auto Online
I wanted thr title of this story to be “Rockstar patches the crap outta GTA Online” but the Save Game editorial board would have none of it. Anyway, there’s another update heading to GTA Online, which will hopefully fix a long list of issues, big and small. We’ve got that list for you right here, so read on, won’t you?
You can’t say they didn’t warn us. When Rockstar announced GTA Online, they admitted that the launch would probably be a little bumpy. Then came the news last week that they were working on a long list of problems players were encountering in the multiplayer game. Now, they’re starting to roll out the fixes, in the form of a patch, or “title update” as they prefer to be called. Version 1.03 will, according to the Rockstar Newswire, solve the following issues many of you have probably experienced.
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the “replay” option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
The patch is available right now on PS3, and should be up on Xbox Live tomorrow. In addition to issuing the new title update, Rockstar is also advising players to make sure they save their progress in GTA Online before quitting the game. This is done, rather awkwardly, by returning to single player through the pause menu. Keep checking the Rockstar support website and twitter feed for the latest updates.