Seven deadly weapons of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell unveiled
Slowly but surely, we’re inching closer to the release of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, the stand alone expansion of Saint Row IV. To help keep the upcoming game fresh in our minds, developer Volition has released a new trailer, giving us our first good look at the Seven Deadly Weapons that Johnny Gat will use to free The Boss from Satan’s grasp. Read on to see it for yourself.
One of the major selling points of Gat out of Hell when it was first announced was the inclusion of the so called “Seven Deadly Weapons,” seven instruments of destruction inspired by the biblical seven deadly sins. Earlier today on the official Playstation Blog, Volition associate producer Kate Nelson offered up some details on this hellish arsenal, and brought along a new trailer to show them off. Here’s a quick rundown of the weapons, and what makes them so darned deadly.
- ENVY: Uriels Edge sword. Is on fire, and can totally hurl fireballs.
- PRIDE: Gallows Dodger pistol. Brags of past murders while being used, builds up to an explosive overkill mode.
- GREED: Diamond Sting SMG. Shoots friggin diamonds.
- LUST: Boom Chicka shotgun. Makes your enemies wildly attracted to you, drawing them closer, and lowering their guard.
- SLOTH: Armchair-A-Geddon. Two gatling guns and a missile launcher strapped to a motorized armchair.
- WRATH: Arc of the Covenant: Sucks in enemy souls and turns them into deadly projectiles.
- GLUTTONY: Last Supper. Spray a target with demonic frosting, and cause all other enemies nearby to consume your target.
Sound like fun? Want to see them in action? Check out the trailer below.
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell will be released for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on January 20th, a week earlier than previously announced. It will also come packaged with the Re-Elected editions of Saints Row IV for PS4 and Xbox One.